Virtual Skipper Forum Index Virtual Skipper
Virtual Skipper - Official Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Comparison of VSK Versions

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Camster

PostPosted: 03 Apr 2009 13:35    Post subject: Comparison of VSK Versions Reply with quote

Here is the list if differences between the free Vsk5Online & the paid-for VSK5, as far as I can understand. It's not a list from Nadeo and is unofficial. I can modify this post in the light of new evidence...

VSK5 requires you to pay to download it and will have all the features of the game. You can also expect to pay to renew your license each year.

VSK5Online is free to download and you can race online withe the VSK5 players but there are some disadvantages:
* Playing Solo offline is disabled. It seems this remains disabled, even if you upgrade the game by paying the fee.
* The race editor is disabled (the bit that lets you make your own race maps).
* If you use custom boat skins (your own hull design), then you can see it but the players online do not.
* Same for custom avatars
* There is an increasing delay in getting into the online race lobby, which reaches a maximum of 10 minutes.

32nd America's Cup is the previous version of the game. It can be patched to make it fully compatible with VSK5 and it will have the same features as VSK5, except for the apprearance of the menu screens and the boat skins that come with the game. Once patched, you can expect to have to pay each year to renew your license (like VSK5). If you dont patch it, you wont have the annual fee, but you wont be able to race with the VSK5 boats online.

FocusTechSupport wrote:
If you have VSK5 Premium (the unlocked version of VSK5 Online), your player account from VSK5 Online used when you bought the full version is automatically linked to the player key by the online shop.
If you have a problem to unlock VSK5 Online to the full version (Premium), please send us your player key to check if your account has been linked or not support@virtualskipper-game.com

It is very important to buy the game using your main player account.
If you buy the game using another player account, the player key will be linked to this player account.
So if you have multiple player accounts, please check that you are using the right player account before buying the full version.

Edited 15.03.10 with addition of quote from technical support

Last edited by Camster on 15 Mar 2010 13:14; edited 3 times in total
ldbteamgoldo
Capitaine

PostPosted: 03 Apr 2009 14:55    Post subject: Reply with quote

nice Summary sandy !

D'artaganan
kiwi_bardy
Amiral

PostPosted: 18 Apr 2009 23:09    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is a concatenation of two posts in the VSk-AUS.com forums, one by myself and one by Clazza in answer to a questions I asked in that post.

kiwibardy wrote:

Firstly (this is a bit pedantic), but according to Nadeo, 'VSK5Online' is the name of the FREE version. 'VSK5' is the name of the paid up version.

It can however be confusing because if you originally had the VSK5Online (free) version and then paid to upgrade (erffectively giving you all of the functionality of VSK5 - the paid version), your game will still say VSK5Online on the loading screen etc., and your directories for boats and skins will be in \...\VSK5Online\... too. However, having paid you're now actually playing VSK5, not VSK5Online.

The free version (i.e. VSK5Online BEFORE you pay to upgrade) requires you to be connected to the internet even if you are playing an offline game. I don't know if it still does this after you have upgraded.

and Clazza replied...

Clazza wrote:

We got VSK5 online for Twoodi and then paid to make it a full version.

Even after this we still cannot play the game if the pc does not have an internet connection. We were hoping it would convert to VSK5 (offline and on) but not to be.

You are right. All the directories are still /.../VSK5online/...

Last edited by kiwi_bardy on 05 Aug 2009 1:25; edited 1 time in total
Thoaren
mousse

PostPosted: 16 Jul 2009 14:02    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for the clear summary!
najevi
Capitaine

PostPosted: 16 Jul 2009 20:13    Post subject: Reply with quote

See also this table summary:
http://vsk.wikia.com/wiki/Evolution_of_VSK
kiwi_bardy
Amiral

PostPosted: 19 Aug 2009 22:00    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you have VSK5Online (the free version, not upgraded) can you install and use 3rd party models?
najevi
Capitaine

PostPosted: 20 Aug 2009 7:31    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, users running Vsk5Online can install and use 3rd party boat models.

See also: http://vsk.wikia.com/wiki/Boat_models#Install
arlequin
mousse

PostPosted: 23 Apr 2010 14:53    Post subject: I paid for the Vsk5Online Reply with quote

Is this correct? because i cannot play without internet conection; I should buy Vskp5 also?
I paid for the upgrade, what do i have to do to be able to play without internet conection? regards...
CANKnot

PostPosted: 23 Apr 2010 16:44    Post subject: Reply with quote

Contact customer support immediately and tell them you made a mistake; that you meant to purchase the full version of VSK5 that allows you to play solo mode without being connected to the internet. You may need to send them your game key as proof of purchase. Hopefully, they will simply send you a new download link to the full game.

If you bought the upgrade through the virtual skipper web site then the email is supportdl.focus@gamesplanet.com Send the email from the same address you used when ordering the game, include the order number (if any), and your game-key as proof of purchase.

Keep an eye on your spam box for a reply.

Clazza wrote:
We got VSK5 online for Twoodi and then paid to make it a full version.

Even after this we still cannot play the game if the pc does not have an internet connection. We were hoping it would convert to VSK5 (offline and on) but not to be.

blackrose
mousse

PostPosted: 02 Oct 2013 12:23    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for the clear summary!
http://www.uwa.edu.au/
https://www.facebook.com/getjuniper
http://www.canberra.edu.au
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Virtual Skipper Forum Index -> Main Forum All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: