Virtual Skipper Forum Index Virtual Skipper
Virtual Skipper - Official Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Bad host

View previous topic :: View next topic  
pipo
mousse

PostPosted: 29 Aug 2011 19:28    Post subject: Bad host Reply with quote

May I all warn you about MacLazy. What a bad unmannered host this is. If you tack in front of him and he is not pleased he just bannes you. Highly inpropriate. A shame to the game this host.
kiwi_bardy
Amiral

PostPosted: 29 Aug 2011 23:26    Post subject: Reply with quote

On the other hand there's a lot of people who immediately join Maclazy's servers when they see them up because they know that there's never and bull s**t on his server like there is on so many public servers. He doesn't put up with people behaving badly, so as long as you behave yourself, and sail to the rules, you get to enjoy high quality racing with a group of great skippers.

If you don't like hosts who host with strict behaviour expectations, sail on other hosts. That way you're happy... and so are all the people who are sick of incosiderate skippers with poor knowledge of the rules ruining mark roundings.

Keep up the good work Maclazy.

And Pipo, if you find any other hosts who host like Maclazy does, can you post them here, so that we know which ones to look out for so we can join them? Thanks.
pipo
mousse

PostPosted: 30 Aug 2011 7:02    Post subject: Certainly Reply with quote

Kiwi,

I will certainly do that. Being banned instantly I won't be able to sail at MacLazy anyway, but good hosts will be posted here.

Thank you for your reply. I have just one short experience with MacLazy so maybe that was an incident. Thx. Pipo
kiwi_bardy
Amiral

PostPosted: 30 Aug 2011 10:05    Post subject: Re: Certainly Reply with quote

pipo wrote:
Being banned instantly I won't be able to sail at MacLazy anyway

Yes you will be able to join Maclazy's servers...

If you are kicked, you can rejoin immediately.

If you are banned, you cannot rejoin for the rest of that hosting session. Once the host closes that server, next time that host sets up a server you can join again.

It is only if the host adds you to their blacklist that you can never join that host's servers...
Alx
Matelot

PostPosted: 14 Nov 2011 12:58    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's funny to find this thread as I was banned by the same person for the very first time in my VSK life... while server was a No Nadeo skin server and nadeo skins where kicked, I was banned to get one of his friends in...

Funny thing is I was the highest rank (by far) in this fleet, so boats that would pass me would deffinitely get some nice points...

enjoy hosting MacLazy, I sure will never join your races Tr?s content
JHL
Matelot

PostPosted: 16 Nov 2011 16:07    Post subject: Reply with quote

pipo, bardy is one of VSK's establishmentarians: he seems to support anything that delivers power to the few.

VSk is overrun with bad hosts who ban for political reasons, for their incurring penalties, and for any number of arbitrary, totalitarian whims. The pastime has become a child's game.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Virtual Skipper Forum Index -> Main Forum All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: