Virtual Skipper Forum Index Virtual Skipper
Virtual Skipper - Official Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Maps needed for my autohost

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Outspan
Matelot

PostPosted: 30 Nov 2011 16:26    Post subject: Maps needed for my autohost Reply with quote

Do you know how to create maps?
Then here is a task for you.

I need some more maps for my autohost. I already have around 80 - but since I "process" 65+ maps - per day - it would be real nice with even more maps.

Your task is:

Create a map that can be completed by a good sailor in approx. 12 minutes. (Usually around 2 -> 2.8 miles long)

Course has to be mostly up- and down wind.
Noone likes to sail "half wind" for too long.

Nordic or Tropical maps are prefered since here you can better control wind and current. If you use this - try to make it as realistic as possible. Less current/wind behind land etc.

But if there are special places you like a lot - then go ahead and make the race on a "standard map" (such as Rio, Vancouver etc).

It must not be password protected since I want to be able to do small changes on all maps - from time to time.

Email them to me - and I will add them to the server.
You can find my email adress on www.outspan.dk - Look under the FAQ

Cheers,
OutSpan
sunshine-daydream
mousse

PostPosted: 17 Dec 2011 2:43    Post subject: I've got some... Reply with quote

I wouldn't mind sharing, but I've been blacklisted from your server... not really sure what I did to deserve it though. I play cool but will say I get annoyed about being kicked for every race... if me stating that that annoyed me was the grounds for blacklisting I apologize.

I've been developing some new courses (as I'm fairly new to the game), and am more than willing to share.
Outspan
Matelot

PostPosted: 18 Dec 2011 23:55    Post subject: getting blacklisted... Reply with quote

Hi Sunshine.
Pretty much everything on my server is automated - including the maintenance of guestlist and blacklist...

My guest list contains my friends who I add manually - as well as all sailors who have more than 50 races and less than 5% of these being DNFs.

My black list contains people who I spot do penhunting more than once - or try to cheat in some other way - as well as skippers with more than 15 races where 60% or more is DNF...

You probably dropped out of too many races without finishing.

Give me your username and I will tell you why - and take you off the black list so you can get back on track with the DNF ratio.

You can email me here: outspan �� live.com
(where �� is a @ sign)

Cheers,
Outspan

Last edited by Outspan on 05 Jan 2012 14:34; edited 1 time in total
sunshine-daydream
mousse

PostPosted: 20 Dec 2011 6:58    Post subject: cool Reply with quote

Cool, thanks. I know what the problem was.

My program is unstable sometimes... it freezes up randomly during play. I don't know quite why, at first I thought it was the Graphics card, but I replaced that, and it's still doing it. Then I thought it was the hard drive, as reinstalling it helped, it was stable for about 2 days. Most recently, I think it was some setting in my router (NAT or SLP-ALG, or something like that). Don't really know.

Anyway, I went to your sever a lot, since it's usually one of the only ones up with reasonably short races... I went there quite a bit while I was troubleshooting it, so that's why it probably shows me as leaving...

For what it's worth, I've finished a lot of races at your place with less than a minute before I'm kicked.

I'll get you the races that work best... I've got others I'm still tweaking.
Thanks. S-D
bugla
mousse

PostPosted: 29 Dec 2011 22:09    Post subject: one map Reply with quote

Check out this map I made:

http://www.mediafire.com/?pz2v7nhrdaebwig

Hope will be useful
Outspan
Matelot

PostPosted: 14 Jan 2012 17:24    Post subject: How to make a map - using the editor in VSK 5 Reply with quote

I got a few emails from people who had a hard time figuring out how to make a map - and how to use the editor in general...

It IS fairly simple once to you get it - sometimes it helps to see how others do it - so I recorded myself creating a quick map.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NlBO8lQcGmw

Cheers
Outspan
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Virtual Skipper Forum Index -> Main Forum All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: