Virtual Skipper Forum Index Virtual Skipper
Virtual Skipper - Official Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

SANTA the Imposter - its time to shame him. HELP PLEASE !

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Giddy Up ( AUS)
mousse

PostPosted: 19 Oct 2011 1:47    Post subject: SANTA the Imposter - its time to shame him. HELP PLEASE ! Reply with quote

Hi All,

I joined this forum to let everyone know that there are a few people out there wrecking it for everyone.

Whilst playing online on wednesday 12th 1am GMT a spanish player (nick name - Santa vsk , login- Santa) joined in and inflicted a pen on myself in prestart. when I asked why he started with a torrent of abuse.

Thats when all the fun really began.. he was told by myself and others to leave the server as he was not welcome. this only made things worse as he chose to hunt and pen and wrecked the gaming experience for all involved.

Now the server in question is Hosted By Outspan. a person who is going to great lengths to provide us with a service. He and Lady blackII spend a great deal of their time hosting , monitoring and providing a ranking list for all .
The AutoHost server has only one problem inwhich Outspan is trying to rectify now. All players must finish in the time limit for a result to colate.

Back to Santa... on this day he chose not to complete courses (except for 1 which he won).. by not completing 5 courses he expressed hi desire to ruin everyone's day stating "no points for you..haha F@$k you"...everyone left the server until he was gone

Fastforward to Monday 17th oct 0:15 GMT.

everthing thing was going fine until Santa showed up again. with either friends or he was running 4 laptops and operating 4 boats ( think he had 2 boats and 2 friends
Losmuertosdelhost 1 - ( ?)
Losmuertosdelhost 2 - (login - chalana )
Losmuertosdelhost 3 - ( login - Danielorace )
Losmuertosdelhost 4 - (login - Santa )

Losmuertosdelhost - translates to "DEATH TO HOST"

during their time in the Auto host server they penned lots of people without a care in the world even when i was psectating their behaviour continued and no points were awarded to those who raced fairly

I gues this is the reason for this topic- during racing Santa changed his nick name to resemble mine but alot of people i race realised the difference ...Santa's version - GIDDY_UP__AUS

and not GIDDY UP ( AUS)

concerning due to the fact alot of player thought he was actually me !

when we were racing on tuesday the sam was happening again...this time ladyBlack was trying to comunicate with him and he then changed his name to hers.

Santa is very desturbed.. be aware of him and his anctics.

we know he is spannish and I assume he is a member of VSKE as he races in their server which is pass word protected.

if you can help us with any of the above please post as I have had enough of his ridicule

cheers

GU
Liese
Matelot

PostPosted: 19 Oct 2011 11:47    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe putting him (and his penning 'friends') on a blacklist makes sense?

Btw I am still addicted to Clubracing Sourire
..and that is one reason..

JOIN THE ACC FLEET LADDER at www.VSKFun.com, an ongoing Ladder series each Wednesday with qualification criteria for some other events...like IDM etc....

Good Wind
Liese
Outspan
Matelot

PostPosted: 21 Oct 2011 10:15    Post subject: A few ruins it for the rest... Reply with quote

Its so typical!

A few always ruins the fun for the rest of the crew.

I limited the boats allowed on my server and created guestlist of 200 boats.

Unfortunately this doesnt help new-commers to this game.
I originally set it up - so that hopefully the community would grow.

I have added the bad sailors to my blacklist - but its rather easy to go and create some new profiles - and then go "have fun" at my autohost - when im not around.

Clubracing is good - but I prefer to sail when I have the time and not to have to 'reserve time' for it.

Regards,
Outspan
Jean-Luc
Capitaine

PostPosted: 21 Oct 2011 15:52    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi !

1/ I was myself victim of the behavior you described in the first post, but I didnt even chat a word to the bad boy. At this moment, I had no time enought to enjoy in a "pen party" with him, I shall do next time Sourire
Blacklisting is the best mean and also, I think these guys will be tired after a while.

2/ Also, some sailors leave their boats and there is a problem at the end of the course as described by outspan. What about the options available when you design the course ? One of them is to set a limiting time, maybe it could resolve the prob, but surely you tried ...

BB,

jil-unt
artwales
mousse

PostPosted: 12 Feb 2012 18:41    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi
just been reading this post, there appears to be an awfull lot of skippers
who go all out to ruin your racing and a lot of tracks that invite pens
do you think it is due to vsk5 being free to download they (the offenders) get the game for free so they have nothing to lose.
i am a paying sailer and race for the friendship and sportsmanship the game can offer not a freebie go cart race
art
bill382
mousse

PostPosted: 08 Mar 2012 5:47    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm pretty new and have greatly enjoyed my time online in the Outspan server (online) so much so I am also one who has donated. My boat name is Happy Pappy.

It is insanely frustrating when sailors clearly go out of their way to inflict a penalty. Some are done for no other reason than to take me out of contention.

Since starting I have always sought to just ride these things out, do the 360 and be done with it. Most of the time if it is really bad I exit out of the game all together.

But as I slowly see my points dwindle down to near the lowest yet I am seriously thinking about the merits of dishing out some justice.

If someone deliberately goes out of their way to inflict an unjust penalty that ruins my race then perhaps they should suffer the same fate.

Problem is I don't want to stoop down to that level because all the fun and enjoyment would be gone, but I must admit I have done this on two occassions and I am ashamed to admit that it felt satisfying - sort of like the feeling you would get when you see Police catch the criminal who has just robbed you.

Cheers
fosterbarry
Amiral

PostPosted: 08 Mar 2012 22:51    Post subject: Reply with quote

bill382 wrote:
......But as I slowly see my points dwindle down to near the lowest......

Stop looking at the pts and enjoy the game. To get meaningful pts you need to sail so often that the game becomes boring. Sailors who look at the pts are uaually gone after a year.

Quote:
I am seriously thinking about the merits of dishing out some justice

Take care or you'll find yourself blacklisted

Quote:
greatly enjoyed my time online in the Outspan server

Outspan runs an autohost server. It is a great asset to VSK however you should view it more in terms of an emergency server. The idea is that there will be a server 24/7 and no sailor ever has to miss out on his vsk fix. If you try some other servers you will discover there are hosts who will not put up with the behaviours you describe. The poorly behaved players will go elsewhere and your races will be more fun. It won't take long to find hosts to your liking. BTW some hosts have been described as tyrants in this regard. Maybe you should search for them.
Outspan
Matelot

PostPosted: 14 Mar 2012 11:31    Post subject: pen hunting for fun Reply with quote

I dont see it as being a huge problem with penhunters - especially not on Server 1 where only the better sailors are "guestlisted". (currently I do let 4 wild cards in ...)
Occationally there is some infights and shouting - just like in the real world
- but then sometimes.. We have real *sswipes... Like santa - and lately a guy with the username "Ciroedavide" who's only purpose is to screw up the rest of the fleets race...

Instead of answering with pen hunting - send me an email - If I get more reports about the same user - he will go on the blacklist..
Especially if you can document it - preferably with a replay file...

If he wants to get back in - he can send me a mail explaining his behaviour.

Cheers,
Outspan
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Virtual Skipper Forum Index -> Main Forum All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: