Virtual Skipper Forum Index Virtual Skipper
Virtual Skipper - Official Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Model Import

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Virtual Skipper Forum Index -> 3D MODELS FOR VIRTUAL SKIPPER 5
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RacecaR
mousse

PostPosted: 23 Jun 2014 5:52    Post subject: Model Import Reply with quote

Hi there!

I've been designing and developing a boat for VSK and have come stuck in the conversion process (topic here)

The model is made in Blender and I'm getting to the stage where I'm looking to import it in order to make a working in-game model.

I've been searching around but a lot of the information leads to dead links. So what I'm looking for is someone to lead me in the right direction Sourire.

What am I required to do in order to convert the model from blender and get it into VSK? I understand that I need to name different parts of the model prior to .3DS conversion. Is anyone able to link me to information or provide some advice?

Apologies if this has been hashed out before.

Thanks in advanced,

RC
Alinoa

PostPosted: 23 Jun 2014 11:38    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe you can find information on these community websites:
http://www.northspace.co.uk/skins_making.html (English)
http://aetjps.pagesperso-orange.fr/ (French and English)
Camster

PostPosted: 23 Jun 2014 14:10    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi - Sorry but there is nothing about 3D models in Northspace - because I don't know enough about the subject to be helpful.

The best link to start with maybe is at VSK Fun. You will need to register with the site to view this page but this is free & spam-free Clin d'oeil Some of the info is German & some English

Here is the link - http://www.vskfun.com/VSKFunReloaded/phpBB/viewtopic.php?p=17496&sid=351b6bfa97195598423576acb51e2e2c

The problem is that there is not much activity in Boat Modelling just now & many of the skippers who could have helped you have now left to do other stuff.

One site that does still make models is KD Team which you will find here ... http://kdteam.jimdo.com/ Maybe you can join & ask there for help.

Good luck!
RacecaR
mousse

PostPosted: 24 Jun 2014 0:29    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks very much for the information - I'll go check it out!
Liese
Matelot

PostPosted: 14 Mar 2017 13:26    Post subject: Proceeding with modelling Reply with quote

Hi all,
I am now restarting with 3DS Max.
I got the boat and sails in the game, but while all items are fine in the 3DS Max file, they are apart and different size after import.
The Hull size is fine.

I can now help with the solid.obj file export. If someone has a blender file created.

My next step is checking, if I have some basic errors created by merging the sails and boom (waterline etc.) from the sample boat file, which comes with the boatimporter.

Hope to get this thread alive again Sourire

Activity will be posted here.

BR
Liese
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Virtual Skipper Forum Index -> 3D MODELS FOR VIRTUAL SKIPPER 5 All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: