Virtual Skipper Forum Index Virtual Skipper
Virtual Skipper - Official Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Creating Races With AI

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Virtual Skipper Forum Index -> Hints and Tips
View previous topic :: View next topic  
1258thebus
mousse

PostPosted: 17 Jun 2006 15:17    Post subject: Creating Races With AI Reply with quote

Can someone PLEASE give me precise, step by step instructions to create a race using AC yachts and large triangle course? I've tried using the "friends" key and following the instructions in the manual with no success. I always get the "wait you haven't created a start finish line" message.!! I'm ready to make this game a coaster!
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
hula
Capitaine

PostPosted: 17 Jun 2006 15:49    Post subject: Reply with quote

1 ) Before starting the course editor hold down the right mouse button and type in the word friends. Now when you go to the Params section in the course editor you will see settings for the AI boats (number and skill level)
2 ) set parameter (wind direction, force, time to start ecc.)...if you want to race with AI choose multiplayer not solo race.
3 ) go in edit course and make the start line (first icon).
4 ) position mark (third icon) to do the entire map.
5 ) set the finish line (second icon)
6 ) put the initial position of start for the boat (fourth icon) the number of this start point is important not less then 8 for a fleet regatta.
7 ) save game as...
8 ) exit from editor and run a game with (I don't know the english menu ...the first selection...sound about "do a contest")
9 ) I hope now work Clin d'oeil

Claudio - hula
1258thebus
mousse

PostPosted: 23 Jun 2006 18:52    Post subject: Reply with quote

What am I doing wrong? I followed the instructions you provided, and everything seems to be fine, except when I go to start the race I'm alone- there are no other boats on the course!!
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
mholguin
Capitaine

PostPosted: 23 Jun 2006 21:58    Post subject: Reply with quote

In the parameters window, in the lower right side, you must select the number of AI oponents and their expertise.

Believe me, you are not missing a lot by being able to race against those .. those... them...

Marino
Boat name: Resaca DOM
Camster

PostPosted: 24 Jun 2006 0:07    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are some notes about creating AI races here http://www.northspace.co.uk/notes.htm#AI

I like racing against 'them' and have created some races which you can download from the above site. The trick is to give the AI boats an unfair advantage at the start and to lay out the course so that they dont weave their way into land, either upwind or downwind.

You can also do the CanKnot trick of making them into two teams and team racing with them. Of course, only YOU know that there are teams at all which makes your team mates not much of an asset.

Anyway it's up to you to be inventive with what you've got with the gane!

Sandy
karolyyn
mousse

PostPosted: 07 Jul 2006 18:51    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can I use that code in Vsk3 too? And how?
Camster

PostPosted: 07 Jul 2006 19:50    Post subject: Reply with quote

... I had a look at VSK3 and it seems to be the same as VSK4. Once you are on the 1st menu after launching the game, keep your right mouse button pressed and type the word friends. Then go to Site Editor > Create a new Challenge and click on your desired location.

When the game map opens up, click on Params and you will see the option to have AI opponents. You can click on the word 'none' and it will change to 1 up to 7.

Having said all that, I cant work out how to get the AI opponents to appear yet!
DGP69
mousse

PostPosted: 18 Jan 2009 13:29    Post subject: Reply with quote

In order to race against the AI opponents you have to follow the steps outlined previously in order to create the course with AI opponents, save the course, exit the course editor and then in the main menu select "Solo", then "Custom Race".

When you have done this, there will appear at the top of your screen a directory listing. Choose the directory where you saved the course you created, such as "Challenges". Then choose the course itself.

These steps outlined above work with my copy of vsk 5. I don't know if other versions are similar but we can only hope.

Let me know if there are any points which need clarifying.

Cheers,
Dom
RedFalcon
mousse

PostPosted: 28 Mar 2010 21:49    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi

In vsk5 is the same?
I'm not able to perform these steps.

http://www.northspace.co.uk/notes.htm#AI this webpage don´t work.

Tks and the best regards

RedFalcon
David_Number1
Matelot

PostPosted: 28 Mar 2010 22:43    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes vsk5 is the same -- and here is the new link to the northspace page on it http://www.northspace.co.uk/vsk5_notes.html
RedFalcon
mousse

PostPosted: 29 Mar 2010 8:56    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tks David

The limit is up to 8 opponents, there is a way we are able to load up to 20 opponents?

Regards
Camster

PostPosted: 29 Mar 2010 9:05    Post subject: Reply with quote

As far as I know, you cant get more than 8. Unless someone knows how to tweak the game?
gfstlp
mousse

PostPosted: 07 Nov 2012 9:35    Post subject: Reply with quote

bonjour
cela ne fonctionne pas chez moi
quelle est le mot exact a noté avec le clic droit ?
merci
Camster

PostPosted: 07 Nov 2012 9:50    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quand l'écran est dans un menu, on appuie sur le bouton droit du souris et tape 'friends' (sans les ''). Après c'est fait, tu relaches le bouton du souris.
Puis tu vas dans l'éditeur pour créer la map et pour mettre le nombre des bateaux AI.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Virtual Skipper Forum Index -> Hints and Tips All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: