Joined: 06 Oct 2005
|Posted: 20 Apr 2007 16:20 Post subject: [DIRECTX] D3Dx9 DLL file missing when running the game
|Microsoft DirectX 9 is installed during the Virtual Skipper installation.
If you have a problem with DirectX 9, and you get a message that a D3Dx9 DLL file is missing when starting the game,
please install the latest version of Microsoft DirectX 9.0c for Windows XP and Windows Vista:
1. Click HERE.
2. Click Download Latest Version.
3. Save directx_nov2008_redist.exe application file on the hard disk.
4. Run directx_nov2008_redist.exe and click Yes.
5. Enter C:\TMP to extract files in the (C:) local disk in the TMP folder.
6. Once extraction done, open My Computer or Computer then (C:) local disk.
7. Open TMP folder and run DXSETUP.exe application file.
8. Once DirectX updated, delete the TMP folder.