Virtual Skipper Forum Index Virtual Skipper
Virtual Skipper - Official Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

VirtualSkipper 5 patch!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Hylis
| Nadeo |

PostPosted: 28 Sep 2008 17:44    Post subject: Reply with quote

No (the simple answer) There will probably be no more work on the game at the moment. Choices and tests have been done by some players of the community. The environment is far from favorable today. I know that the complexity of the game and various updates have a negative impact on stability and rules such as you describe. But when we decided to go toward more expert used, it follows some direction more than others.

There are clearly different way of seeing things in the community. We have to choose to follow ones instead of others. Now, we will look at how the game is played over the times to come to discuss again the situation with some players. It is quite like this since three years. If the community is able to present only 'one' wish list, we would be glad to consider this one alone, but since there are clearly different views there, it shows that there is not a single path.

Also, this is not because we are working with some players that we say yes to anything. Trey try to explain us the problematic and we take a decision on that. We even made some decision against that were against some of their recommendations, in order to keep some way of playing available to other people. But, as I said, all this time is also limited. We have more titles, and unless VSK can succeed more, it is really difficult to have a 'perfect' environment which can lead to imperfections. Especially considering the diversity of players and reactions made on the direction we are trying to take to help the game survive.
Very Crankie Yankee
Amiral

PostPosted: 29 Sep 2008 0:16    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hylis wrote:
Especially considering the diversity of players and reactions made on the direction we are trying to take to help the game survive.

The game as it is will survive. Plenty of people are hosting VSK on their own dedicated servers which is one of the most diverse things anybody in the diversified VSK community can do as far as the game. I would think more people and or group of people do this than either of us realize. Even though I applaud you for letting the community know what's going on and asking for thier opinion, it all comes down to money. If Nadeo doesn't receive enough money to keep up the support and development of the current game and future releases, VSK from Nadeo dies. Not the game itself. If that happens I'm sure you will sell the rights to the game to another company willing to develop it further and keep it going. If not so be it, but in the end it will be Nadeo losing something NOT the community. I believe we got what we payed for. The future is anybody's guess.
babsevensix
mousse

PostPosted: 29 Sep 2008 7:51    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for reply Hylis.
jofy
Matelot

PostPosted: 29 Sep 2008 9:10    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Hylis for the patience!!

Are happy today (29/09) for giving the start for America' s Cup Vska with the vsk5 together to the VSKA.
http://www.vskalive.com/CoppAmerica.shtm

They will be many skippers that will appreciate the vsk5 in the next few months, with the hope of having always the Nadeo that will develop in the future the improvements for our fun…. Tr?s content Tr?s content Tr?s content Tr?s content

The Vska is with vsk from "April 2003" and it will continue in future for the great fun of many friends skippers with vsk and news patch Moqueur Moqueur Moqueur !

Thank Nadeo and your work!!!

Ever for Fun

VSKA
Virtual Sail Klub Alive
www.vskalive.com
vska@vskalive.com
dBraf
mousse

PostPosted: 12 Oct 2008 3:38    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ômr_etc wrote:
is it possible to reinstall vsk32ac, in another directory, to patch it, so you have vsk32 & vsk5online on your hd and then can swap between games without having to deinstall, reinstall repatch each time you want to see where your friends are?

None of the moderators answered this question. I too would like to have both vsk32 & vsk5 online on my hd and then swap between games without having to deinstall, reinstall, repatch each time.

Is this possible? Especially if there are only 12 members playing the 'new' VSK5 so far!

Darryl
kiwi_bardy
Amiral

PostPosted: 12 Oct 2008 4:53    Post subject: Reply with quote

dBraf wrote:
Ômr_etc wrote:
is it possible to reinstall vsk32ac, in another directory, to patch it, so you have vsk32 & vsk5online on your hd and then can swap between games without having to deinstall, reinstall repatch each time you want to see where your friends are?

None of the moderators answered this question. I too would like to have both vsk32 & vsk5 online on my hd and then swap between games without having to deinstall, reinstall, repatch each time.

Is this possible? Especially if there are only 12 members playing the 'new' VSK5 so far!

Darryl

LOL, Darryl there are regularly well over 100 players online at once with the patched version.

And no, it doesn't appear to be possible (or at least very easy) to run AC32 and VSK5 interchangeably, a t least I haven't heard anyone say they have managed it on the same computer...
Ômr_etc
Capitaine

PostPosted: 12 Oct 2008 8:07    Post subject: Reply with quote

i'ld like nadeo to make a patch to patch the patched vsk32 so we can have vsk32 & vsk5 on the same hd .
seriously.
Camster

PostPosted: 12 Oct 2008 10:15    Post subject: Reply with quote

dBraf wrote:

Darryl

This particular moderator hasn't answered because he doesn't know the answer! Moderating a forum to keep the posts well organised &c doesn't seem to bring special knowledge of the game sadly...

Cool
dBraf
mousse

PostPosted: 13 Oct 2008 0:39    Post subject: Reply with quote

Camster wrote:
dBraf wrote:

Darryl

This particular moderator hasn't answered because he doesn't know the answer! Moderating a forum to keep the posts well organised &c doesn't seem to bring special knowledge of the game sadly...

Cool

Har, har, har, Camster...you know so much about this game ..its frightening..I learned about skinning and hosting from the brilliant 'guide for dummies' on your website (thanks Sourire) so don't pull my leg now.
During the transition (over the next six months?) it would be nice to keep in touch with old friends on both versions.
PS: I tried reverting to VskAC32 ... and I can't ... even after uninstall and re-installing.
Darryl
dBraf
mousse

PostPosted: 13 Oct 2008 0:50    Post subject: Reply with quote

kiwi_bardy wrote:
dBraf wrote:
Ômr_etc wrote:

Darryl

LOL, Darryl there are regularly well over 100 players online at once with the patched version.

And no, it doesn't appear to be possible (or at least very easy) to run AC32 and VSK5 interchangeably, a t least I haven't heard anyone say they have managed it on the same computer...

Yup, you have to use two computers. After patching VskAC32 it is very convoluted to revert/downgrade from Vsk5. My experience with Vsk5 is fewer players/races and most annoyingly most races require passwords. I just have to wait for more converts. I think $40 per annum is good. Online Bridge Clubs charge $99 !!.
Aquabat
Capitaine

PostPosted: 13 Oct 2008 7:27    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok .. I have not tried this ... again .. no time ... but ...

When installing VSK is it possible to select a different install directory for VSK other than the default ( I seem to remember it is). So in then it might be possible to install VSK twice, one if the default location and one in say VSK-PATCH. With two different short cuts to launch the game ?

Rob
David_Number1
Matelot

PostPosted: 13 Oct 2008 7:31    Post subject: Reply with quote

i thought i had replied to this before but it mustn't have worked... oops! Roulement des yeux

i have got both versions running on my computer. just copy the vsk folder in program files and install the patch onto that directory (it will create a new directory in my documents which you can put all your old courses, skins etc. into)

just be careful to back everything up and make sure you know where everything is going/installing to Clin d'oeil
dBraf
mousse

PostPosted: 24 Oct 2008 2:45    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
i have got both versions running on my computer. just copy the vsk folder in program files and install the patch onto that directory (it will create a new directory in my documents which you can put all your old courses, skins etc. into)

just be careful to back everything up and make sure you know where everything is going/installing to Clin d'oeil

David,

Nope...can't get them to run simultaneously. Have to uninstall, then install again etc. No way to toggle back and forth conveniently.

Fleet split 50/50...so very frustrating at the moment to sail with buddies when spotted on the 'other' side (the dark side Lord Vader?!)

Darryl
Camster

PostPosted: 24 Oct 2008 17:22    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seems a clear excuse to me for buying a 2nd PC

Confus
admiral
Amiral

PostPosted: 24 Oct 2008 19:51    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ehr....

the only thing from 32-americascup you'll need is your account details: login / password.

So just go download Vsk5Online and install when asked for your login name, give your 32-americascup login name with the password and you're done.

You should have a Vsk5 Icon and a 32-nd americascup icon to choose from on your desktop

You can then copy tracks and boats and skins from your Documents and Settings / You /My Documents/32-nd americascup to Documents and Settings / You / My Documents / Vsk5online.

That's it.

I wouldn't try running both at the same time though.... Sourire
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Virtual Skipper Forum Index -> Main Forum All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 7 of 9

Jump to: