Virtual Skipper Forum Index Virtual Skipper
Virtual Skipper - Official Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The LOG update
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Camster

PostPosted: 27 Jan 2011 15:00    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think that for most of us the existing .csv file works well & is very simple to use. I have not made the change to XML and dont intend to at the moment.
Lazy
mousse

PostPosted: 27 Jan 2011 19:16    Post subject: Reply with quote

CANKnot wrote:
I'm with Lazy on this... having to manually fix mal-formed XML makes it impossible to automatically process results files. There is no benefit in using a file format that is almost XML.

Shame on Florent for letting that bug slip through... failing to escape the contents of text nodes is a rookie XML mistake... I should know, I make it all the time Tr?s content

Here is one other "nice" example with a impossible nickname:
<player><rank>6</rank><login>jtl</login><nickname>$s$i$300<$fff-$600j$fffT$900l$fff-$n$c00<< </nickname><time>-1</time></player>

Without CDATA its "bye bye" to xml - and when people realize - how to be impossible to read - they probably set in "bad stuff" in the nickname - especially HiDNF = what i usually call "The Crash Bang quitters..."

BUT EVEN WITH CDATA - HI RISK IS IF " ]] " IS IN TH NAME - WHO WILL CLOSE THE CDATA-TAG AND IF nxt example is in the name = MAJOR PROBLEM

]]<</< :and if this is in the name its "bye bye" and nothing to do! So even with CDATA i now have finds lots of reasons in different names - why it will not work!

So better with a .csv - easier to handle, faster, smaller and with only few "forbidden" letters ( i will not mension wich one)

WITH csv - set the "nickname" as the last data-post on each line - then it can't do any corrupt at other posts - whatever inside - It can only hurt it selves. Because of the line break who comes after and finish the line.

Another way - is to use the "time" field, who is either a time or "-1", DNF, ocr a DNC.
With a new line and a "H" - the line is info about host, D-for date., w-for weather R-for race ... and so on. That will keep the .csv smaller

And that is why it works "so well" as it is now! - with the normal csv data file system and the nickname -as the last post!

AND do never use nickname otherwise - example for the host name, use the login name instead. An alternative is to use one more post with Y/N where only one Y - 4 host - on each race.

By that - it will be NO MORE ours 4 me on xml - result system - I will refuse to handle them - because of all the risks 4 corruption.

Last edited by Lazy on 28 Jan 2011 11:50; edited 3 times in total
CANKnot

PostPosted: 27 Jan 2011 20:31    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I think that it should be born in mind that the xml used is probably more than adequate for Nadeo's purposes and that they gave us acess to the file(s) at our request. It is not file that was intended for publication and, therefore, did not require any further correction or changes, it did its job.

I suspect that Nadeo does not use the almost-XML files or they would have noticed the problem themselves. The only purpose for the XML results file is for the player's use, and it is not very useful, and potentially dangerous, if the files are mal-formed.

I think I'll change my nickname to CanKnot</nickname><time>1</time></player></file><!-- and see if I can boost my online standings Clin d'oeil
kiwi_bardy
Amiral

PostPosted: 27 Jan 2011 21:49    Post subject: Reply with quote

CANKnot wrote:

I think I'll change my nickname to CanKnot</nickname><time>1</time></player></file><!-- and see if I can boost my online standings Clin d'oeil

Geeky, but post of the day for me Keith!

Tr?s content
Lazy
mousse

PostPosted: 28 Jan 2011 3:59    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

I think my name will be ]]</_} Lazy ≤°((|))><
Or ]]</_} Lazy ><((|))°≥ - Please VOTE -> the direction of the "fish"... Whats best?
Lazy
mousse

PostPosted: 28 Jan 2011 11:32    Post subject: Reply with quote

Report - with facts!
I did a search in my database - holding 27 488 logins, 48 817 race

And there is 149 login who has 3 of the forbidden letter: <, >, &, for th moment!

And its enough that ONE of them is on a race - to make the hole .xml file worthless/unusable.

IF you won't to have a own PDF-report of your all results files in .xml or .csv format + a local rank list of all y races - just zip and
send the results-map to me. PLS if you send xml-files, get rid of xml files, made by the first version before you send them.
Here is how the report of each login info looks like.

One good point is that the PDF is search able - so when a login change nickname or "fuck up" y races - you will still be able to find
the players Login name, behind any nickname.

Mail: lazy.vsk5@gmail.com

Last edited by Lazy on 03 Mar 2011 1:55; edited 1 time in total
Lazy
mousse

PostPosted: 03 Feb 2011 12:16    Post subject: Reply with quote

Camster wrote:
I think that for most of us the existing .csv file works well & is very simple to use. I have not made the change to XML and dont intend to at the moment.

Is it anybody who can tell me if this xml-problems is going to se any solutions?

Is there any updates planned - and is it still xml files solution who is the head plan?
Shan'ral
mousse

PostPosted: 08 Feb 2011 13:45    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello,

sorry but the function used to filter characters when generating an XML file was broken.
I fixed it and regenerated exe for each version of VirtualSkipper.
You can download the new versions using the links of the first post.

There will be no more invalid characters in your files.
The 5 characters <>&"' will be transformed respectively in
< : &lt;
> : &gt;
& : &amp;
" : &quot;
' : &apos;

David
Nadeo
Aquabat
Capitaine

PostPosted: 08 Feb 2011 15:28    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi David,

thanks for your efforts .....

regards

Rob
CANKnot

PostPosted: 12 Feb 2011 16:15    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you David. Very nice!
Lazy
mousse

PostPosted: 17 Feb 2011 21:24    Post subject: Re: The LOG update Reply with quote

Hylis wrote:

- <host> indicates the login of the host of this race

Yea - now xml-files look better, and they are possible to read - congrat..

ONE question, remark about the "host" - tag.

This is hove the host-tag looks like in some case!

<host>#SRV#</host>.
In the case I have only been a host - and never been in the race and the hosting was from spec-mode!

It seem to me that that is the reason for the #SRV# - name?

I could be very nice if you can look in to this problem, because its some player often hosting from the specmode...
Lazy
mousse

PostPosted: 22 Feb 2011 10:40    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shan'ral wrote:
Hello,

sorry but the function used to filter characters when generating an XML file was broken.
I fixed it and regenerated exe for each version of VirtualSkipper.
You can download the new versions using the links of the first post.

There will be no more invalid characters in your files.
The 5 characters <>&"' will be transformed respectively in
< : &lt;
> : &gt;
& : &amp;
" : &quot;
' : &apos;

David
Nadeo

Thanks, for the change, now you can read the xml-files without error problems.

I have done some tests using multiple computers with different Internet connections, in the same race / Server.

Unfortunately, I found a new (major?) problem:
If you are connecting to an ongoing race in spec mode you get only the first result, for the current race. If you persist in spec mode so the next race results will be "-1" for all participants, although there is a Race Results.

This means that you never get part of a Race results from a spec mode, if you are in spec mode when the Race start!

I can send you examples with csv / xml from the same race, if you email me at lazy.vsk5 @ gmail.com

Is there any possibilities that the "SpecMode"- problem could be solved to?
Jean-Luc
Capitaine

PostPosted: 13 Mar 2011 19:42    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi all !

TY Hylis for the result file which now contains the TEAM field. Can someone show me the way to handle the result.xlm file to get in an automatic process (not by hand) somthing like that:

1 boatmane red
2 boatname red
3 boatname blue
x boatname dnf

????
Have I to import it in some application, code an alogrythm to process the strings or is there some else shorter way ?
TY in advance

jiel
Jean-Luc
Capitaine

PostPosted: 21 Mar 2011 15:16    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hylis,

With Marco (Colibri) we developp a code to process the XML files for the team races but met a problem: the tag TIME never gives 'DNF', 'DNS', ... but always the value '-1' for the players who are spectators or are DNF. So we cannot at this moment process the files properly.

Have we forgot something or is there an issue ? (It happens for the TR mode, I dont know for the other types of races)

TY for any help.

JL
Outspan
Matelot

PostPosted: 21 Nov 2011 14:57    Post subject: Error in XML Result files Reply with quote

Hi Jean-Luc
I noticed the same thing about the XML result files.

Did a race - with two clients watching:
One with the old VSK5.exe - which creates CSV files.
One with the new VSK5.exe - which creates XML files.

I then made a little program that translates the XML file into a CSV file.
This is how they compare:

As you can see I have no way of telling who was "spectator" or "waiting for a new race to start" vs. real DNF boats

// OutSpan
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Virtual Skipper Forum Index -> Main Forum All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5

Jump to: