Virtual Skipper Forum Index Virtual Skipper
Virtual Skipper - Official Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

blacklist
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
johnw
mousse

PostPosted: 24 Nov 2010 17:03    Post subject: blacklist Reply with quote

Sorry guys I can't seem to hold on to the `new` saved list, though I have done all the right things by the instructions. Everything looks fine untill I go in a session then close; only to find my config files haven't altered, But in my config files I see the blacklit,checksum,guestlist that are all `text documants, there are two others which are ...Default system confic and also `packlist? but these are DAT files.
If I remove the `desault Sys` then I'm not able to get into the game without my access numbers, so I replaced it, but the other one `Packlist` can be removed with no apparent changes.
Any more idea's please Confus
Camster

PostPosted: 24 Nov 2010 17:06    Post subject: Reply with quote

If the blaclist or the guestlist resets itself when you launch the game, then it means you have made an error in the syntax of the xml code in the file.
johnw
mousse

PostPosted: 24 Nov 2010 22:05    Post subject: black list etc Reply with quote

I'm sorry guys, but no matter what I do here I still get the same results. I've tried opening in notepad then safed all my new work, but it was the same result by resetting itself, so I tried `wordpad` with the exact same results.
I was forced to give up because I promised to host , then that Nutter came in again and caused havock untill I quicky banned him again for the 8th time Triste
Camster

PostPosted: 24 Nov 2010 22:34    Post subject: Reply with quote

I always have problems with Notepad. Try with Wordpad instead.
kiwi_bardy
Amiral

PostPosted: 24 Nov 2010 23:24    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think Nadeo specifies only ever use Wordpad for editing the config files.
andynz

PostPosted: 25 Nov 2010 1:04    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just PM me the persons login name (NOT the boat name) along with your email address and I will send you a blacklist file you can just copy into the config folder.
diades
Matelot

PostPosted: 25 Nov 2010 13:29    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very strange, the file is nothing special, just a text file that has its text in xml format. I use notepad all the time (as do many people) for that and html/xhtml etc., without and problems whatsoever. Confus

Keith

Web Development help form WebXpertz
diades
Matelot

PostPosted: 21 Dec 2010 0:45    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Guys

I have created couple of 'toys' to help out here:

http://www.diades.net

just click on either "Guestlist wizard" or "Blacklist wizard", create the list then cut'n' past into notepad, save as blacklist.txt or guestlist.txt.

Keith

johnw
mousse

PostPosted: 21 Dec 2010 10:16    Post subject: listing Reply with quote

Thank you Keith, that will be a very useful tool Sourire
johnw
mousse

PostPosted: 30 Dec 2010 11:17    Post subject: why? Reply with quote

I have had the black & Guest lists up and running since our last chat, but Im now seeing some of those in the Blacklist are getting past the `block` even though I have rechecked their login etc over again. I'm not to bothered bye this, because it seems `They` have learned their lesson and behave in a sporting manner again without the need to ban them, so I let them stay, but the main guy, who made me start all this listing still gets in just to say a `bad `line about me then he leaves. A real thoroughbread coward Mal ou Tr?s fou by the name of paralax. If anyone knows of this idiot I would very much appreciate it if you could let me know how he's finding a way to get past my listing.
May I wish you all a very happy and healthy new year and onwards Sourire
andynz

PostPosted: 30 Dec 2010 20:34    Post subject: Re: why? Reply with quote

johnw wrote:
I would very much appreciate it if you could let me know how he's finding a way to get past my listing.

The only way he is getting in is by using a new login name which you do not have in your blacklist. By turning on multiple profiles people can create as many login names as they want.
johnw
mousse

PostPosted: 30 Dec 2010 21:59    Post subject: black list? Reply with quote

Thanks Andy for your quick reply to my question, I now know the blacklist is pretty useless at doing what its title depicts and especially as this multi profiling becomes know to all those who are only fit to be on the list in the first place Triste
But maybe it is still a useful tool to show pen hunters etc that they are being watched ,when they try to disrupt the majority of sportsmen, with their childish antics Clin d'oeil I have found that those few who have come back to my Popular Fair races after being banned are reformed people Cool so maybe this `paralax` will be reformed if he finds the guts to stand and be counted Roulement des yeux
andynz

PostPosted: 31 Dec 2010 8:01    Post subject: Re: black list? Reply with quote

johnw wrote:
But maybe it is still a useful tool to show pen hunters etc that they are being watched ,when they try to disrupt the majority of sportsmen, with their childish antics Clin d'oeil

Well you can keep the faith for so long John.... but the inevitable reality of human character is "once an arsehole, always an arsehole".

I see no need to have anyone "watched" but each to their own.

Personally, I do not beleive in pen hunters (unlike arseholes) as being something inherent in a persons character... so called pen hunters (and I dont beleive there is a such a thing) are just people who find themselves seemingly on the receiving end of "something", then assume it was deliberate and feel the need to retaliate... at this point they become arseholes.

"Pen hunting" is simply the natural next step on from "Pen farming"... not too many people go pen hunting until they have managed to collect one themself - they then hunt the hunter - feeling justified in their actions Sourire

In summary - the rules should decide everything and if everyone just played to them then peace would prevail Sourire
johnw
mousse

PostPosted: 31 Dec 2010 12:53    Post subject: Blacklisting Reply with quote

Yes Andy I fully understand your point there, and in my case of the listing, I'm never influenced bye those who shout "Kick" if they think they have been targeted, but if I see a deliberate pen, someone who goes out of their way to pen a boat who will help them get further up the fleet, I then point this out and watch `Both` parties as I also tell the penned sailor not to retaliate out of malice. If the `hunter` continues to target other boats I then ask if they understand my language and if they ignore that request I kick them so they have a chance to come back in to ask " Why" ? My point is that I never ban anyone unless they are insulting me or any other sailors who may have made a mistake in their tactics etc, and if they do, they appologise as is the norm in life in general. after all there are many new sailors in some races who are not fully conversant with rules etc, and if I see this kind of thing I always ask if they are new and if the answer is "Yes sorry" I then warn all in the race of this boat to be given some space. Now if this new sailor become to much af a nuisance I ask them to leave a trian a bit more in `tutorials` then welcome them back when they think they are more competent. I respect everyone and expect the same privilage in return Cool
Then we will always have the arsehole in our lives who are more dangerous when they group together, politicians come to mind here Triste
diades
Matelot

PostPosted: 03 Apr 2012 13:16    Post subject: Reply with quote

Updated links for the guest/blacklist editors:
http://vsk.diades.net/black.php
http://vsk.diades.net/guest.php

Keith

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Virtual Skipper Forum Index -> Main Forum All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: