Virtual Skipper Forum Index Virtual Skipper
Virtual Skipper - Official Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Online gamin with satellite connection

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Virtual Skipper Forum Index -> Technical Issues
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Leone
mousse

PostPosted: 15 Dec 2011 14:53    Post subject: Online gamin with satellite connection Reply with quote

Hello all

does anyone have experiences with playing online VSK5 trough a broad band satellite connection? I'm in a remote place in Africa now where there is no broad internet connection, and after a year and half of abstinence I'm pissed pissed off and I want to go back playing VSK5 Mal ou Tr?s fou

It's quite a meaning investment, but I decided I'm ready for it. I know that some games are playable online via satellite. while others are not. The main concern is the latency issue: satellite keep normally the ping at 6-700 ms, which I think is still fine for playing fleet races at night.

The best way to sort it out is the feedback from any other user's experiences.

Hope somebody knows or heard something about it!

Cheers,

Leone
CANKnot

PostPosted: 15 Dec 2011 19:00    Post subject: Reply with quote

Satellite connections are notoriously bad for online game because, as you state, of the latency issues. A 600-700ms ping "should" be ok, but I would be surprised if the latency was that low on a satellite connection.

I don't suppose there is anyway to do some testing before making the investment?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Virtual Skipper Forum Index -> Technical Issues All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: