Virtual Skipper Forum Index Virtual Skipper
Virtual Skipper - Official Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Blacklisted from AUTOHOST www.outspan.dk HELP!!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
bill382
mousse

PostPosted: 27 Dec 2011 23:31    Post subject: Blacklisted from AUTOHOST www.outspan.dk HELP!! Reply with quote

I don't know if this is the right place to ask this, please fogive me if it isn't.

I have been blacklisted form AUTOHOST at www.outspan.dk This will most certainly be my fault. I am not exactly an expert and still learning the ropes.

I was the recipient of a number of penalties and pushed back against one character who seemed to be able to give me penalties by tapping my rear (which I still can't work out how to avoid). The other times I chose to retire if I am in a very tight spot rounding the buoy and getting penalties and don't know how to get out of it (rather than stuff things up for everyone). I've retired on the majority of races.

I don't know whether either or both was responsible for me getting black listed or if there was something else, but either way I accept there is a fair amount of learning to be done my side and apologise for me going in "too deep" to begin with.

This game is unusually entertaining for this old guy (47) like me and so this polite request to get un-black listed please.

Who ever is in charge of the "black list" if you could let me know what are the triggers for black listing I would apprecaite it, and also let me assure you I'll take things much more carefully now.

Thank you

Bill
Moseremous
mousse

PostPosted: 28 Dec 2011 5:52    Post subject: Reply with quote

hello Bill382, I have also been "blacklisted" by www.outspan.dk . I am also a novice at this sort of competition and have found most skippers very helpful with tips, advice etc. Unfortunately outspan appears to have afew rogue skippers who like to purposely inflict unnessecary penalties on people they don't know. I don't mind being penalised if I have done something wrong, and quickly apologise to the other boats involved. As i said i am still learning. Two skippers however in outspan.dk have continually caused me unlawful penalties and refused to withdraw them. These are obviously very small people who have never actually sailed on an ocean going yacht, but feel especially important if they can inflict unlawful penalties on the learners. The fact that one can be "blacklisted" on a server without any advice or cause and obviously without any way to appeal this,surely points to the fact that these few players must control outspan , or alternatively outspan is protecting these "players" who are not competing either to the letter or spirit of the laws of the sea. My advice to you and all VIRTUAL SKIPPER players is "BLACKLIST" OUTSPAN.DK. I know I will never play with these cheats again.
damoAU
mousse

PostPosted: 28 Dec 2011 7:08    Post subject: Reply with quote

he dudes, i am black-listed too.
i think it is about how many times you DNF. if you pull out before the finish so many times you get black-listed. i am am a novice muself to vsk5 online racing and was crawling my way around learning stuff but i logged out many times from races hosted by that autohost before finishing. i have only had a handful of penalities and did the 360's all promptly so it must be DNF related.
i can't find an email for www.outspan.dk which is frustrating.
don't let it get you guys down there are still races to join online.
CANKnot

PostPosted: 28 Dec 2011 18:59    Post subject: Reply with quote

See this thread. The Blacklist is (mostly) automated; if you score a DNF on 60% of your last 15 races you will be automatically blacklisted. Retaliating for receiving a penalty will also get you blacklisted, but that is not automated. A good rule of thumb is don't join a race unless you intend on finishing the race.
bill382
mousse

PostPosted: 29 Dec 2011 1:10    Post subject: Reply with quote

CANKnot wrote:
A good rule of thumb is don't join a race unless you intend on finishing the race.

Ah, this will be the reason. I had left every race when I felt I was hampering or annoying other competitors. Thank you for your explanation.

I see that person in the other thread invites to email him, saying his email address in under the "FAQ section", however, there does not appear to be an FAQ section on that site. I don't suppose you know what the process is to get un-blacklisted do you?

Thank you
Outspan
Matelot

PostPosted: 29 Dec 2011 2:35    Post subject: Sowwy :) Reply with quote

Hi guys...

Im running the server called www.outspan.dk as well as the site found at the same place.

Most stuff there is done automatically - including the blacklisting
(and the guestlisting - with current 508 entries)

Blacklisting is done based on what I see (manually) and based on your DNF ratio... If you have started more than 15 races on my server - I calculate your DNF ratio and if its more than 60%... Then you automatically go on the blacklist.

This is done to avoid the boats who just drop out every time they get a poor start - at the same time maybe ruining someone elses start.

I am currently working on getting the site updated - so it will show FAQ etc - but I havent finished it yet.

If you have been blacklisted and want to get back in - then send me an emal on this address: outspan ■@■ live. com

Stay fair and enjoy sailing,
Outspan

P.S.
My main purpose for this server is to let more sailors try this great game out.
Most new players find it fun to do pen hunting at first..
After a while they "see the light" and start experiencing the thrill of a real race - and maybe even a first win.

Hopefully they over time improve and perhaps they start sailing in one of the many clubs that offer "real sailing - with real live hosts who checks for pen hunting and ISAF rules."

Oh... and finally... Im not "protecting" any players...
If I see bad behavior they get banned... and if they do it repeatably - I blacklist them...

Last edited by Outspan on 05 Jan 2012 14:36; edited 3 times in total
bill382
mousse

PostPosted: 29 Dec 2011 2:53    Post subject: Thank you Reply with quote

Thank you for un-blacklisting me and thank you for the explanation - makes perfect sense.

Thank you again.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Virtual Skipper Forum Index -> Main Forum All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: