Virtual Skipper Forum Index Virtual Skipper
Virtual Skipper - Official Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

A Few Questions & Hello There!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Danaussie
mousse

PostPosted: 22 Feb 2012 0:12    Post subject: A Few Questions & Hello There! Reply with quote

Hi there guys,

Just wanted to say hello, and congrats on a fantastic looking forum, also downloaded some skins last night and kudos to the guys that made them. I will more than likely be asking someone to make me a AC skin at some stage....but first to learn how to sail these things. Choqu

Its an awesome game and just the sort of thing I've been looking for, it looks like the Aussies are right into it as well which is awesome to see.

At the moment I'm trying to make a race just to get some practice which I have done, but I had a question if anyone has the time to answer it, I will try to follow the instructions I found on AI bots, but the question I have is how do I change the skins for the AI players as it seems to just provide the Australian Default AC Yacht....can I use other countries as opponents? How do I do this in the editor? Can I change the names of the AI boats?

ok ok....so that was more than 1 question? Embarass Clin d'oeil Mort de rire

I will get to work and try to figure it out but if you guys have got some time you may be able to make that a quicker process.

Anyways Hello there from the ACT. Tr?s content Tr?s content Tr?s content

Dan (The Aussie)

Seas Ablaze
kiwi_bardy
Amiral

PostPosted: 22 Feb 2012 9:43    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Dan.

This might help get you up to speed more quickly.

www.vsk-aus.com

Downloads

Reference

VSK5 Guide.
Danaussie
mousse

PostPosted: 27 Feb 2012 1:42    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Kiwi I became a member there as soon as I became a member here, thought it was prudent to just become a member of both and learn as much as I can. Anyways cheers for the reply mate.

Dan

Seas Ablaze
Camster

PostPosted: 27 Feb 2012 10:30    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
how do I change the skins for the AI players

You can add more skins into a directory in My Documents. The AI's will be randomly assigned skins from the skins directories in Programs and My Documents. If you dont like the ones you get (they willl be the same each time) then change the map slightly or add a new skin to shuffle the pack.

Quote:
How do I do this in the editor?

You cant change the AI boat skins in the editor. You can add an 'opponent' in the editor which always sails the same track at the same speed each time you play the race. This opponent will have the skin you select under settings.

Quote:
Can I change the names of the AI boats?

I have not found a way to do that.

Have a look at http://www.northspace.co.uk/ for some more info.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Virtual Skipper Forum Index -> Main Forum All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: