Virtual Skipper Forum Index Virtual Skipper
Virtual Skipper - Official Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

[SOLVED] VSK Graphic Card Probs - Card List & Workaro
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Virtual Skipper Forum Index -> Technical Issues
View previous topic :: View next topic  
T.J.R
mousse

PostPosted: 03 Nov 2016 2:13    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fixed: Thanks Raskil for pm'ing me, I might not have seen it for a couple of weeks otherwise Sourire much <3 to you Sourire

Now can finish my skin, which might horrify some but meh.. Sourire
Raskil
mousse

PostPosted: 03 Nov 2016 8:25    Post subject: Reply with quote

@Alx
Glad I could help you. For me it worked as well, so there is a good chance that this will fix it for everybody.
For the skin: I don't think it's time well spent, because I don't play vsk5 that much. But if you could explain me how you got that nice looking GUI in vsk5, I would be happy Sourire

@T.J.R
Glad it worked for you as well

@Admins and Moderators
If any of you can edit the first post by Camster and link to the new solution, it would be much appreciated.

Regards

Raskil
Alx
Matelot

PostPosted: 03 Nov 2016 11:16    Post subject: Reply with quote

Raskil wrote:
@Alx
Glad I could help you. For me it worked as well, so there is a good chance that this will fix it for everybody.
For the skin: I don't think it's time well spent, because I don't play vsk5 that much. But if you could explain me how you got that nice looking GUI in vsk5, I would be happy Sourire

@T.J.R
Glad it worked for you as well

@Admins and Moderators
If any of you can edit the first post by Camster and link to the new solution, it would be much appreciated.

Regards

Raskil

I started playing with the GUI files once I read Camster's topics http://northspace.co.uk/appearance.html
There are some modified GUI's to download from, if you want I can send you my own
You can also browse the rest of the website for many useful tips and downloads

I'm also glad you realized that you could get a better look out of your display settings, now you know how it can look like Sourire
Camster

PostPosted: 03 Nov 2016 14:58    Post subject: Reply with quote

Raskil wrote:

@Admins and Moderators
Raskil

The link to the second solution is added. Thanks again for all the work & sharing of knowledge. Is it the case that if a skipper has the 'blocky menu' issue, the second solution will work even if they have not done the first beforehand?
Raskil
mousse

PostPosted: 03 Nov 2016 16:23    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Camster,

yes, if you applied the first solution, you even need to remove it (thats what point 1. is all about), because the solutions might conflict.

Regards

Raskil
Camster

PostPosted: 03 Nov 2016 20:27    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK Thanks! I've amended the link in the 1st post to make that clear.
Albervita
mousse

PostPosted: 04 Nov 2016 18:39    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Raskil, it seems that the problem is solved with the "blurry" skins and instruments.
However, and sorry if I'll abuse of your patience, I think the point 1. should be explained step by step because for instance I deleted the personal DB folder created but did not know how to recreate it (simply adding a folder called Vsk and then save ?).
In addition to start the game I have to click "Vsk" in DXWnd window because if I click on the icon Standard Vsk 5 the game appears with the usual lines.
Where did I go wrong ?
Alx
Matelot

PostPosted: 04 Nov 2016 19:41    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just to recap about the fixes proposed above (in order of post appearance) and my experience when applying them:

1. MS Compatibility Tool: You don't see blocks anymore, but blurry graphics (skins, shadows, geometry of land, low detail of sea, etc.)

2. Virtual Machine Player with XP: A virtual machine does not use any of you actual hardware, rather the CPU power to simulate your hardware in a virtual environment. As display driver you are restricted on 128mb video card which in theory should be fine and indeed it is for VSK, everything looks fine except the sea which is a blue mash-carpet like thing... You cannot choose the Anti-aliasing in settings (N/A for any X)

3. Virtual Machine with Win7: it gives you a little more Video memory to 136MB, again you cannot choose Anti-aliasing and the sea in VSK looks terrible as above in XP.

4. Dxwnd, all perfect as should be
Raskil
mousse

PostPosted: 05 Nov 2016 0:17    Post subject: Reply with quote

@Albervita

to be honest, I've no idea how you remove the fix, if you threw away the DB.

For the dxwnd part, you are right. You have to start VSK5 through DXwnd for the fix to be applied.
Albervita
mousse

PostPosted: 05 Nov 2016 13:05    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Raskil I did that way :
Opened OS(C)/ProgramData/Microsoft/Windpws/menuStart/Programs/Windowskit/WindowsADK/Application Compatigility Toolkit/Developer and Tester Tools
Clicked on Compatibility Administrator(32-bit) opened the "System Database(32-bit)
Deleted the Custom Database/Vsk5 created with the previous procedure and then close all.
Thx again for your appreciated support.
Alberto
Alx
Matelot

PostPosted: 08 Nov 2016 13:47    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Sandy, maybe you can put [SOLVED] somewhere on the thread title like other troubleshooting forums do along with VSK as keyword so that it also appears on google results

something like:
Code:
[SOLVED] VSK Graphic Card Problems

Sourire
Camster

PostPosted: 08 Nov 2016 13:59    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok no problem Sourire
ralphie
mousse

PostPosted: 06 Dec 2016 1:26    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi All,
has anybody work out how you only click on to the Vskac32 shortcut to start the game or do we have to go through DXWnd way (or can somebody pls)

Sandy, My game is up and runnig fine again

Windows 10 EVGA GTX970 works fine

Thanks All Tr?s content

ralphie AUS 411
kiwi_bardy
Amiral

PostPosted: 17 Dec 2016 23:04    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, thanks for the excellent research and easy instructions to follow Raskil.

I was experiencing the same symptoms as T.J.R. i.e. Blurred hulls, instrument buttons (and also blurred graphics on some hi-res spinnakers too). I applied the first (superseded) fix, then followed these instructions below.

The result had TWO effects.

1. The blurring was fixed, and everything looked perfect.

But also,

2. The cursor pointer was no longer aligned correctly. To click on menu items (e.g. 'Internet') I had to have the pointer approximately 3 cm down and to the right of the Item in order for it to be selected. This also meant that once in the game, the buttons along the bottom of the screen were not able to be clicked on at all, because to be 3 cm down and to the right of them meant being outside the VSK window if in partial screen mode, and in full screen mode the pointer only gets to the edge of screen and cannot go any further.

Here is the video of how the pointer works before applying the fix (in the state where the hulls, spinnakers and instrument buttons are still blurry)

https://youtu.be/PYi9gGvwE6U

And here is the video of how the pointer works after doing the fix (in the state where the blurriness is resolved)

https://youtu.be/SgA5bcUwgvQ

Configuration set up here:

https://twitter.com/kiwibardy/status/810242372311261184

Any help re the pointer issue would be grately appreciated.

Raskil wrote:
Ok, I've come up with a solution:

1. If you applied my earlier fix, you need to remove the Microsoft App Compat Toolkit fix you created erarlier. Therefore start the 32-Bit App Tollkit, Load the database you created and remove all the fixes that are inside of the DB. After that, save the DB and install it again (to remove the fix).
2. Download this little tool: https://sourceforge.net/projects/dxwnd (It's a DirectX Wrapper with many compat settings).
3. Unzip the tool to a folder of you choice and start DxWnd.exe
4. Click on Edit->Add
5. Fill in a Name in the Name Box (e.g. vsk5)
6. For Path and Launch Select the vsk5.exe or vsk5online.exe
7. Uncheck the "Run in Windows" Checkbox
8 Switch to the "DirectX(2)" panel and check "Forces HEL"
9. click OK
10. Right Click the VSK5 that shows up in the list now.
11. click "run"

A Note: Unlike the MS App Compat Toolkit, you need to start vsk5 through the dxwnd interface, otherwise the fixes are not applied.

Enjoy VSK5 without blurry textures Sourire
Alx
Matelot

PostPosted: 20 Dec 2016 10:54    Post subject: Reply with quote

kiwi_bardy wrote:

2. The cursor pointer was no longer aligned correctly. To click on menu items (e.g. 'Internet') I had to have the pointer approximately 3 cm down and to the right of the Item in order for it to be selected. This also meant that once in the game, the buttons along the bottom of the screen were not able to be clicked on at all, because to be 3 cm down and to the right of them meant being outside the VSK window if in partial screen mode, and in full screen mode the pointer only gets to the edge of screen and cannot go any further.

I had the same issue when opened the game in "windowed" mode in order to record a replay through a 3rd party screen recorder... No matter how I resized the window, the mouse pointer was total out of line and was able to navigate through only by using the keyboard.

However when I play the game in fullscreen mode 1920x1080 the mouse pointer is OK...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Virtual Skipper Forum Index -> Technical Issues All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 6 of 9

Jump to: